Thursday, June 17, 2010

tid bits

Hullo friends!

Yesterday I started training for my new position here, and today I continued training. It's a tough week because we are opening up another lodge unit that has been closed all year. It is very dirty and requires lots of scrubbing hard with chemicals. Tomorrow the Lakehouse Restaurant opens up here at Grant Village, so tonight they had a pre-opening for employees tonight as a practice-run. And it was free. I had a delicious bison burger.

My roommate moved out today because she is moving to a different location in the park, so I will be getting a new roommate tomorrow probably. So that will be an adventure...

Other news: I learned a russian card game pronounced "Do Rock" (spelled differently) that means "idiot" in Russian. There is only one loser and no specific winner in the game. I love it. I am going to go rafting on Monday at the Snake River with other members of the ministry here in the park. I saw another grizzly last night. And this morning I decided to drive the .25 miles to work because there was a grizzly and a cub roaming around Grant Village. 2 more days left until my weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment